Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No Degree, No Problem

Looking for a job or a career change? Here are some occupations that don't require years of college and thousands of dollars in tuition. While I enjoyed going to University, sometimes I wonder if it was worth the time and expense. Especially since some of the most talented individuals that I have met in my field (Finance--Treasury) have been people that started their careers with little formal training; they learned everything they needed to succeed on the job by finding a mentor that was an expert in the field. I can't tell you how many times I have come across managers with MBA's that were not nearly as talented or effective as some without MBA's and that rose to their position from the bottom up.

1 comment:

Harrison said...

Nuclear reactor operator doesn't require a college degree? That's scary. D'oh!